CHERRY PECAN SALAD
We thank the following Utah’s Own members for their generous donations. Find these members and more by exploring our Utah’s Own Producer Directory and click here to view our segment on KUTV's Fresh Living with Chef Bryan Woolley as he demonstrates how to make this summer favorite.
For easy printing:
Utah’s Own Cherry Pecan Summer Salad with Grass-Fed Sirloin
Serves 4 people
- 4 cups Arugula
- 4 cups Swiss Chard, chopped
- 2-4 ounces Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Handful Dried Cherries
- Candied Nuts (Almonds, Pecans, Walnuts, etc)
- 2 - 6 oz Grass-Fed Steaks
- 1/4 cup Honey Wine Vinegar
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 3/4 tablespoon Creamy Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 1-2 teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
- 1-2 Cloves Garlic, minced
Toss arugula and swiss chard in a large mixing bowl. Add crumbled feta, dried cherries and candied nuts. Dress the salad to your liking with vinaigrette. Toss and top with sliced steak and additional feta, if desired, to serve.
For the Vinaigrette:
Mix the first five ingredients. Stream in olive oil and whisk to emulsify. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
For the Steak:
Combine the salt, pepper and garlic in a small bowl. Rub the mixture into both sides of each steak, then allow the meat to come to room temperature while you prepare the grill.
Grill the steak at 400° to 500°F on a gas grill - cook each side for about 3 minutes (depending on thickness), until they reach an internal temperature of 120-135° or your desired finish.