Cherry Pecan Salad
- 4 cups Arugula
- 4 cups Swiss Chard, chopped
- 2-4 ounces Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Handful Dried Cherries
- Candied Pecans, Walnuts
- 2 – 6 oz Grass-Fed Steaks
- 1/4 cup Honey Wine Vinegar
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 3/4 tablespoon Creamy Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Toss arugula and swiss chard in a large mixing bowl. Add crumbled feta, dried cherries and candied nuts. Dress the salad to your liking with vinaigrette. Toss and top with sliced steak and additional feta, if desired, to serve.
For the Vinaigrette:
Mix the first five ingredients. Stream in olive oil and whisk to emulsify. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
For the Steak:
- 1-2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 1-2 teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
- 1-2 Cloves Garlic, minced
Combine the salt, pepper and garlic in a small bowl. Rub the mixture into both sides of each steak, then allow the meat to come to room temperature while you prepare the grill.
Grill the steak at 400° to 500°F on a gas grill – cook each side for about 3 minutes (depending on thickness), until they reach an internal temperature of 120-135° or your desired finish.